Everything was born around the 1000
The Christian village of San Lorenzo has its origins around the year 1000; it was located in this small hill inside the village on the crossroads between the road that connected the Maremma to Arezzo and the Etruscan road that connected Chiusi (Rome) to Chianti (Florence).
A document dated 1040 attests that the Church of San Lorenzo extra Moenia (outside the walls) was present with a paeleocristian oratory dedicated to San Lorenzo Martire.
The church has been destroyed and rebuilt several times.
The lands of San Lorenzo were part of the grounds of the Spedale della Scala hospital in Siena and had the Ghibelline protection.
The wheat and the rest of the products of the countryside were collected in the Grancia inside the centre of Serre di Rapolano, where today there is a museum.
During the war with Florence in the 13th century, the Church was completely razed to the ground and we have news, found in the historical archive of Siena, that only around 1468 it was restored by the parish priest of Serre after a pastoral visit of the bishop of Arezzo who threatened the excommunication if it was not restored as he wanted.
The Church and the whole oratory of San Lorenzo experienced its heyday at the end of the sixteenth century, as narrated in the story of a pastoral visit of 1583 kept inside the Church.
The church was totally razed to the ground in 1944 during the bombings of the Second World War.
Today it lives again thanks to the reconstruction work of the Bernini family in 2010.
It was then consecrated on July 13, 2011.
Greenhouses of Rapolano. Among the rolling hills of the Crete Senesi comes to life, shape and color the Agriturismo San Lorenzo, the ideal place for those who want peace and relaxation.
The structure offers 6 apartments and 6 rooms, tastefully furnished and well cared for in detail, equipped with all comforts so as to make your stay comfortable and pleasant for guests.
Inside the property, immersed in the greenery of the park, there is a large swimming pool with solarium and Jacuzzi.
Not the only pearl of the village The church was wisely rebuilt after its destruction during the war of Siena in the mid 1500s.
In the reception area of the Agriturismo, in addition to the olive oil of own production, guests can buy typical Tuscan products of local production of the nearby farms such as jams, honey, wine and much more.